(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkPD-yvZko). --> Check this out :)
Veronica works in a library and appears to have a perfect life in Ljubljana but she decides to commit suicide by taking 4 pack of pills. While waiting for her death, she read an article entitled "Where is Slovenia?" she decided to write a letter explaining that Slovenia was one of the five republics into which the former Yugoslavia had been divided. Veronica wants to die because everything in her life was the same and people don't even know where Slovenia is.
Her plan fails, one of the nuns save her and bring her to Villete - a mental hospital in Slovenia. During her internment in Villete she realises that she has nothing to lose and can therefore do what she wants, say what she wants and be who she wants without having to worry about what others think of her; as a mental patient, she is unlikely to be criticized and there he met Eduard - who has a schizophrenia. Veronica realized some part of her like a world where everyone struggles to survive whatever the cost, and how could one judge those people who decide to die?
Reflective and Critical Responses..
- Paulo Coelho wanted to know all the details about what happened to Veronica because he was also admitted into an asylum (mental hospital). (it was show in the pdf file of Veronica wants to die - the reasons of Paulo Coelho.)
- It is a suspense story that gives me (or anyone maybe) an idea, why Veronica wants to die in the first place.. and what are the reasons of Paulo Coelho wrote this story..
- At first I didn't thought that, aside from having a mental problem, there are people who wants to die just because they having the same routine everyday.. I feel bad cause Veronica did that... I mean, if your bored in your life.. do something that makes your life extreme and exciting not just ended your life with nothing. :)
Naa. I hate the ending! I thought she's going to die :)
- The story is about a life with a meaning behind, meaning there are necessary things that will happen to you in the future and it depends on you if your going to mess it now or wait it at the right time :) It is a realistic story because it shows people with mental disorder and how your going to deal with it.
- This story was sent for the readers to realize that every second of existence is a choice we all make between living and dying. Against all odds Veronica finds herself falling in love and even wanting to live again.
My Personal Reaction
I like it very much.. Honestly! Every parts or scenes makes the readers to think critically about their life in the future.. I ask myself personally - what will happen to me in the future .. I just want to die Happy and Contented :)
Naa. Sorry for bad English!